- Capacity (or Energy) is the total amount of electricity that a solar battery can store (in kWh or Ah).
- Power Rating is the amount of power a battery can deliver at one time (in kW).
- Depth of Discharge (DoD) refers to the amount of a battery’s capacity that can be used before recharging. The higher the DoD the greater the amount of the battery’s capacity can be used.
- Efficiency (Beff) rating is the amount of energy the battery takes to store it to the amount of energy that can be used from it as a percentage. Usually, a higher efficiency rating of a battery means better economic value.
- A Warranty is a manufacturer’s assurance that guarantees a certain number of charging cycles and/or years of useful life for a battery.
- Manufacturer depends on your priorities – evaluating the warranties associated with each product can give additional guidance as you make your decision.
- Life of a Battery, depends on the brand of battery you buy and and how much capacity it will lose over time.
12V Battery Setup Diagrams: